£38000 - £42500 per annum + + benefits
about 1 year ago
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient performance of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable team, against defined goals and objectives, in order to ensure an excellent service is delivered to the business. The team consists of 1 Accounts Payable Assistant and 1 Accounts Receivable Assistant.
· Provide leadership and act as a role model to the team
· Take full responsibility for the performance management of the teams in order to ensure that quality and deadlines are achieved and maintained
· Responsible for continuous improvement of team processes in order to achieve an effective and efficient way of working.
· Proactively manage personal development, in order to increase performance levels and provide opportunities for career development.
· Provide a high-level of Accounts Receivable service to the functions, ensuring revenues are applied and reconciled accurately and efficiently.
· Provide a high-level of Accounts Payable service to the various internal and external stakeholders ensuring queries are resolved quickly and accurately in a professional and customer focused approach.
· Responsible for the Accounts Receivable function ensuring invoicing is completed in a timely and accurate manner, collections are controlled effectively
· Responsible for ensuring all invoices and staff expenses are processed and paid in a timely manner and in accordance with the company's policies and guidelines.
· Ensure the team is providing a high standard of supplementary reporting and analysis regarding aged creditor and payable activities.
· Business partner with internal departments building key relationships
· Responsible for ensuring daily banking and monthly reconciliations of customer receipts accounts is completed.
· Responsible for the account receivable and accounts payable balance sheet reconciliations - ensuring accurate and timely monthly completion and swift resolution of outstanding items.
· Complete production of KPIs in relation to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable operations.
· Minimum of 3 years' experience working in an accounts receivable and accounts payable team managing staff. (Must have managed both sides)
· Degree or similar qualification
· Studying towards a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
· A solid understanding of the different functions of finance including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Experience of preparing reports and analysis for presentation to senior management.