£50000 - £55000 per annum
over 1 year ago
A fantastic opportunity for an ACA qualified individual from practice looking to make their first move into industry has arisen within a household name.
The business are looking for someone driven that is ready to learn and develop within a new and developing role.
Duties of the role include:
- Parent company and group consolidation accounting, including P&L, Balance sheet and cash flows, intercompany recharges and review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for production of Head Office P&Ls each period and working commercially with department heads to drive efficiencies and cost savings for the business.
- Be a primary point of contact for both internal and external auditors;
- Coordinate the production of an audit file & supporting schedules for both the Group and company year ends for review, including managing the input of others where required
- Draft statutory accounts for the trading company and local group, tying into consolidation file;
- Lead the IFRS 16 transition project to ensure accurate and compliant lease accounting for the business, as well as advising on other technical accounting issues going forward
- Responsibility for tax compliance matters, including providing required information for external tax team to prepare tax computations, preparing annual analysis for PSA submission and liaising with external property consultants over SDLT returns
- Assist with preparation of budget and forecast schedules including head office P&Ls, depreciation, balance sheet and cash flows
- Developing skills with the Anaplan financial planning tool, used for budgeting and forecasting as well as month-end reporting.
- Ownership of the management of the sales ledger to drive improving working capital
- Ensure weekly and period end bank reconciliations are produced by the team and reviewed
- To review and sign off fixed asset additions, while maintaining the fixed asset register
- Post monthly & weekly payroll at period end including store to store transfers and reconciling control accounts
- Complete all National Statistics Office forms and submit on time
The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified from a Big 4/Top 10 practice.
On offer is a generous salary of up to £50,000 plus a lucrative bonus of up to 20% and great progression prospects within the business.