West Malling, Kent
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
My client an independent Insurance Brokerage, are looking for a hardworking, passionate and motivated Account Handler to join their driven Commercial team in West Malling.
The ideal candidate will have a 3+ years of commercial broking experience across all Commercial Classes of Insurance dealing with Mid-Corporate size clients developing existing business as well as building your own book of clients.
System skills: Acturis - highly advantageous
- Assist in achieving Group/Division client retention targets by providing an excellent level of service.
- Liaise effectively with the Account Executive to ensure an appropriate strategy for renewal, attend client meetings as necessary and action meeting points (if applicable).
- Undertake market exercise to establish most competitive terms available.
- Obtain renewal terms and present to client, as well as issue renewal documentation in line with contract certainty.
- Produce and issue professional summaries and reports using templates.
- Ensure premiums are collected prior to the commencement of cover and in line with procedures.
- Record all relevant information, correspondence and documentation accurately on Acturis(?) and make effective use of the diary system.
- Process adjustments in line with procedures, including notification to insurers, issue of revised documentation, and collection of additional premium.
- Actively cross-sell products from other Divisions.
- Liaise with and assist other branches and Group Resources as necessary.
Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in providing specialist advice in the Insurance market.
- Must be qualified to a minimum of Cert CII (or gain the qualification within 18 months of joining).
- Strong knowledge of all the main classes of General Insurance and the CII's Code of Ethics and GDPR, aswell as Client product range, policy wordings and service standards will be key.
- Strong level of risk awareness
- High level of negotiation, broking ability
- Great ability and experience of building and managing client relationships with Senior Clients, autonomously upholding and leading strong conversations
- Greater understanding of a client's business, financial awareness, and corporate governance