City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to work for a leading multi-national organisation. Owing to internal changes this organisation is seeking a commercially astute finance professional to work closely with Operations. This is a key role within the business, where you will provide business insights and analysis to assist the leadership team understand trends and financials of the business.
Reporting to the FC, you will gain exposure to end to end finance. Your main duties will include:
- Oversee all accounts up to Trial Balance
- Ensure the accuracy of the monthly financial statements
- Review, report and communicate monthly and quarterly to key stakeholders.
- Ensure a positive and productive work culture within the team.
- Provide key interface with operations and business unit managers for all accounting matters.
- Support the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements for UK entities;
- Support the preparation of VAT Returns for UK entities.
- Assist the FC and other relevant stakeholders with ad hoc projects when required.
The successful applicant must:
The candidate must be a Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) (newly qualified ideally with c. 3+ years post qualification experience)
- Demonstrable experience of Statutory Accounts, Tax and VAT return preparation;
- Demonstrable knowledge of International Accounting standards and in their application in a business context;
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet tight deadlines whilst managing conflicting priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Positive can-do attitude;
- Good team player;
- MS Office with Intermediate Excel skills.