City of London, London
£20000 - £26000 per annum
26 days ago
Acting as a key member of the Finance team contributing to the daily operational support and administration of nominated Group entities.
Supporting the team day-to-day, key responsibilities will include the timely processing and monitoring of all payments and receivables across a number of companies, as well as organising and maintaining general ledgers.
- Timely and accurate processing and posting of purchase invoicing and payments
- Raising sales invoices on a timely basis and posting of all transactions
- Monitoring of receivables - highlighting recoverability issues
- Assisting with the collection of outstanding receivables
- Resolving ad-hoc queries for both internal/external contacts
- Performing regular bank reconciliations and timely filing of documents
- Keeping the ledgers clean and tidy, perform reconciliations and allocate balance
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and monthly VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements.
- Assist in the submission of monthly employee expenses.
- Reconciliations of credit cards, petty cash and director loan accounts.
Provision of further ad-hoc tasks:
- Aiding financial analysis;
- Special Finance projects.
- Other administration and filing
- 2:1 or above at degree level, strong A levels and GCSE's
- At least 1 year experience within an accounting related role
- Quick learner, with confidence to work independently
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- IT literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word