Up to £25000 per annum
over 1 year ago
I am currently working with a leading English footwear and clothing brand, operating globally. They are looking for an ambitious, creative and down to earth individual to join the business as an Accounts Assistant. If you are enthusiastic, have a passion for retail and have experience in a commercial finance role, please apply below! This role is based in Wollaston, Wellingborough.
As an Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Maintain the EMEA ledgers in accordance with group and local statutory accounting requirements.
- Assistance with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of robust month end processes and internal controls to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Completion of month end tasks in line with the high level month end timetable and the detailed month end checklists.
- Liaise with peers to ensure that the ledgers are correct and that all entities can meet the respective group period end deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations to a high standard in line with internal deadlines including identification and subsequent resolution of any issues.
- Assistance with the interim and year end audit process with preparation of information for external auditors.
- Ad hoc analysis of various areas of the P&L.
- Promote a culture of best practice across EMEA by ensuring all work is completed to the highest standards and sharing improved ways of working.
- Identify and flag any issues promptly to the Financial Accountant including any risks or opportunities identified for the group.
- Strive to create efficiencies in the day to day working practices of staff to reduce time spent on mundane repetitive tasks.
As an Accounts Assistant you will need:
- Studying towards an accounting qualification, (ACCA/CIMA)
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role within a Finance Department
- Microsoft Dynamics (D365), retail, multi-currency, multi-site, foreign language skills & experience of working with European subsidiaries highly desirable
- Good understanding of business processes and the importance of accuracy of nominal ledger postings
- Confident user of Microsoft Excel - proficient in VLookups, pivot tables, comfortable analysing large amounts of data
- Problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail and inquisitive nature