West End, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum + study support
about 1 year ago
Our client, a leading wealth management firm in Mayfair, is looking to employ an Accounts Assistant to join their team. The Accounts Assistant will provide administrative and accounting support to the Financial Control team including Accounts Payable, Employee Expense claims, Bank Reconciliations, Commission Reconciliation and other month end tasks. The Accounts Assistant hold a good academic record and already have some accounting experience. This Accounts Assistant position will suit someone studying towards ACCA/CIMA.
- Timely and accurate processing and posting of purchase invoicing and payments
- Raising sales invoices on a timely basis and posting of all transactions
- Monitoring of receivables - highlighting recoverability issues
- Assisting with the collection of outstanding receivables
- Resolving ad-hoc queries for both internal/external contacts
- Performing regular bank reconciliations and timely filing of documents
- Keeping the ledgers clean and tidy, perform reconciliations and allocate balance
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and monthly VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements.
- Assist in the submission of monthly employee expenses.
- Reconciliations of credit cards, petty cash and director loan accounts.
Provision of further ad-hoc tasks:
- Aiding financial analysis;
- Special Finance projects.
- Other administration and filing
- 2:1 or above at degree level, strong A levels and GCSE's
- At least 1 year experience within an accounting related role
- A background in Financial Services
- Quick learner, with confidence to work independently
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- IT literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word