City of London, London
£26000 - £30000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client, a leading property company, are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be either at the early stages of studying towards an accountancy qualification or they will have a solid number of years in transactional finance under their belt and looking to settle into their next company.
- Intercompany balances - journal entries, invoicing, reconciliation and ensuring timely settlement
- VAT & EC Sales List - monthly reporting and analysis
- Recharges - monthly review and journal entries
- Bank reconciliations and setting up weekly payment runs
- Monthly maintenance of accruals and prepayments schedules
- Monthly Cost analysis/ tracking
- ONS returns - completion on a quarterly basis
- Overall responsibility for the small head office entities - includes monthly management accounts preparation & nominal account reconciliations, cash flow, statutory accounts preparation, responsibility for annual budgeting process and re-forecasting process 3 times a year
- Assisting with queries from auditors during the year end audit process
- Annual maintenance of process notes for the team's regular responsibilities
- Diligent maintenance of filing for support for all payments and receipts, as well as ensuring all relevant electronic records are appropriate maintained and stored
- Cover for the treasury team when required
- Various office activities including distribution of post to the team
- Previous experience in accounting and general ledger systems would be advantageous.
- Potentially in the early stages of an accountancy qualification or committed to studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA - or equivalent).
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and general computer skill
- Proactive, inquisitive and interactive individual who is eager to learn and discuss/understand objectives and day to day work responsibilities.
- Good team player, willing to provide assistance to team members wherever possible.
- Quick learner and adaptable.
- Good attention to detail and diligent self-reviewer of own work.