City of London
£26000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
30 days ago
Our client is an iconic transportation organisation with a mandate for growth as they navigate through increased demand and international opportunities. This organisation holds their finance team in highest regard and have a clear focus on individual growth and development.
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Accounts Payable/Receivable/Utilities Manager. We are looking to recruit an Account Payable specialist to ensure that all invoices are processed on a timely basis, deal with supplier queries efficiently, and ensure the debts are collected on a timely basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Open E-mails and post for Accounts Payable/Receivable/Utilities and ensure all invoices are logged and statements reconciled, and follow up on missing invoices
- Ensure that all invoices are matched against authorised PO's, or coded if they are on the coded invoices list
- Ensure the timely and accurate payment of all suppliers
- Ensure accounts receivable invoices are sent each period, together with any ad hoc requests
- Exercise credit control standards that ensure the company is open to the absolute minimum debt exposure, and ensure debts are regularly chased
- Complete all accruals for Gas, Water and Electricity and ensure that the utilities database is updated
The role requires an articulate individual with the ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels internally, and with external suppliers and stakeholders.
- Must have good knowledge of accounts payable and receivable matters
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work to agreed timescales, prioritise workloads and sticking to agreed deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- A polite telephone manner