Media Organisation seeks an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. Based within their Shared Service Centre the Accounts Assistant would need to be a proactive individual who is keen to develop and grow.
Duties of the Accounts Assistant include:
- Setting up new supplier requests on the system ensuring bank details are set up correctly.
- Responsible for the purchase ledger of group companies
- Matching purchase invoices to purchase orders, with all finance checks to make sure invoices adhere to legal requirements.
- Assistance with UK BACs payments runs for freelancers and suppliers.
- Assistance with multi-currency International and Sepa payments.
- Providing consolidated cash flow to group weekly
- Posting Various Journals using double entry for Purchase ledger adjustments
- Full Bank Reconciliations for all companies and assistance with others may be required
- Monitoring key creditor accounts to make sure account runs smoothly.
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Running aged creditor reports for each company and work to keep clear. Review with FC.
- Managing both internal and external emails with production staff and external suppliers
- Preparing inter account transfers
- Processing and payments of Company Expenses.
- Assistance with year-end and interim audit processes.
- Assisting other team members during busy periods
- Group Barclaycard reconciliation
- Petty Cash reconciliations
- Dealing with all banks related queries including mandates
- Other ad hoc duties.
Requirements for the Accounts Assistant include:
- Ability to work on their own
- Strong Communication & Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good Excel Skills
- Ability to Prioritise
- Able to manage large volume.
- Flexible Attitude
- Double entry knowledge would be advantageous