This trading company is searching for an Accounts Assistant to join their London-based office which is speedily growing in both size and ambition. The focus of this hybrid role will be to support the Finance function, as well as interacting with vendors and internal staff. As an Accounts Assistant, you will be reporting to the Commission Sharing and Payables Manager, but will also have to liaise with multiple stakeholders on a regular basis.
Roles and Responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant
- Track the receipt and processing for payment of invoices.
- Enter invoices and expense claims into the Oracle Accounts Payable system.
- Obtain authorisation, and present for payment, supplier invoices and employee expenses.
- Have a sound knowledge of the structure and codes in the chart of accounts and code expenses accordingly.
- Deal with supplier queries (both internal and external).
- Assist in the preparation of batches in both currency and sterling, giving instructions to debit the correct account, present batches together with the relevant paperwork for signature, transmit to the bank and ensure the batches are released by a Smartcard holder inside the CHAPS and BACS deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of input documentation enabling regular beneficiary details to be set up for payment as templates.
- Prepare ad hoc business information relating to suppliers and expense categories.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 3 A Levels - A* to B (or equivalent).
- Ability to demonstration numerical capabilities.
- A desire to learn with a proactive mind.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Experience in MS Excel.
- No prior work experience is necessary as training will be provided in the job.
The successful candidate will be paid up to £25,000. In addition to this, the right candidate could receive training towards their CIMA exams.