City of London, London
12 months ago
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk (6 months Fixed-Term Contract)
The Accounts Payable Clerk is a member of the London Accounts Payable team which is part of the wider Finance Operations shared service function. Finance Operations are responsible for transaction processing activities including billing, collections and payments.
The London Accounts Payable team is responsible for weekly BACS and Chaps payment runs as well as employee travel and entertainment expense reimbursement across EMEA and APAC.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will involve transaction processing from invoice entry through to payment including purchase order matching activities.
- Capture supplier invoices in Oracle Cloud and initiate workflow approval.
- Monitor and review invoices daily, identifying issues and fixing.
- Ensure employee expenses are ready for inclusion in weekly payment runs.
- Address and clear PO match exceptions in Oracle Cloud by liaising with the procurement team.
- Maintain vendor standing data information in Oracle Cloud following the global ICE procedures
- Prepare BACS and Chaps payment runs with related backup
- Perform supplier statement reconciliations
- Participating in the financial close process ensuring all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor of the detailed accounts payable age analysis
- Monitor the accounts payable mailbox and ensure that supplier and internal queries are swiftly and appropriately responded to.
- Responding to audit queries
- Participating in quarterly Oracle Cloud upgrade testing
- Support with day to day administrative functions such as opening post, filing and archiving.
- Cover for fellow staff members when required
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by management
Knowledge and Experience
The Accounts Payable Clerk will require the successful candidate to process supplier invoices in an efficient and accurate manner and have a calm and professional demeanor. Excellent communication skills are necessary as regular communication with staff at various levels across the business and across geographic locations is needed.
- Experience in a procurement based / purchase order driven accounts payable function is desirable;
- Experience with invoice scanning and automated approval workflow is desirable;
- Experience working in a Group that has multiple cost centers and companies is desirable;
- Experience capturing invoices in various currencies is desirable;
- Experience with Oracle Cloud is advantageous;
- Qualified by experience, university degree is desirable
- Good computer literacy with experience using computer based accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets and other standard business software is essential;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral is essential;
- Must be self-motivated and self-starting with ability to multi-task and effectively manage own workload, prioritising effectively and consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills with proven attention to detail;
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the team approach exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues;