City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Great company benefits
5 months ago
Accounts Payable Administrator
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen within the corporate finance team for an accounts payable professional to join the team in London.
We are looking for a skilled accounts payable administrator to be responsible for the management of all payment cycle activities in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. The role will be a key member of the finance team, currently comprising of six members, contributing to the daily operational support and administration of the Group.
- Timely and accurate processing of transactions across corporate entities to include:
- Processing of purchase invoices, employee expense claims and payments, recording applicable taxes;
- Working with other team members to ensure all invoices/credit notes are valid and authorised for payment;
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting transactions to relevant account codes and allocating to cost centres / project codes where applicable;
- Monitoring outstanding payables and highlighting any aged creditors;
- Maintaining records of all vendor data and verify any new / updated vendor details;
- Establish and maintain effective controls over payment runs to suppliers;
- Timely filing for document retention;
- Reconciliation and posting of credit card statements;
- Ensure all invoice queries are resolved, engaging with the wider business and suppliers as required.
- Year End Statutory Reporting:
- Assist with compiling supporting documents for year-end audits.
- Provision of Further Ad-hoc Tasks:
- Identify any process improvements in the accounts payable and payment process;
- Ad-hoc projects.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, compliance and VAT requirements
- Experience working in SUN advantageous but not essential
- Diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise the processing of transactions
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good telephone manner and written skills