South West London, London
about 1 month ago
KennedyPearce are currently recruiting an Accounts Payable Clerk on behalf of a national leader in property development.
The team based in South West London are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team and invoice transaction volume is 200-250 invoices per week.
The role will be too provide financial, administrative and clerical services in a professional, effective and efficient
manner to ensure that company finances are accurate and up to date and that suppliers & subcontractors are paid within established time limits.
The Accounts Payable Officer will report to the Financial Controller.
* Ensure the workflow of all documentation through the purchase ledger process is carried out in line with company procedures.
* To provide a point of contact with creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff expenses.
* Ensure correct coding of invoices.
* Liaising with suppliers and staff.
* Ensure correct treatment of Vat / CIS tax
* Carry out supplier statement reconciliations.
* Create Aged Creditor Report on a monthly basis to review older balances/update queries.
* Weekly outstanding invoice report creation and distribution to the company.
* Receive, input and distribute invoices for goods and services.
* Verify bone fide transactions have been appropriately authorised.
* Posting batches of invoices for data entry.
* Carry out cheque & BACS payment runs.
* Process subcontractor payment runs.
* Involvement in statutory reporting obligations (CIS & VAT) and administration surrounding subcontractor payments.
* Investigate variances and anomalies identified through the payment process.
* Ensure a high quality of control and filing for all financial documents.
* Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
* Support Finance Controller and Head of Finance as required.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
* Organised and demonstrable strong time-management/planning skills.
* Computer Literate; Outlook; Word; Excel.
* Excel user - confidence in V look up and Pivot table functions.