£14.00 - £15.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our Client seeks an Accounts Payable Clerk to join the business on a temporary basis. The Accounts Payable Clerk will process payable documents on time, ensuring payments made for only bona fide and authorised items. Process Banking transactions in a timely manner and to month-end deadlines.
Duties of the Accounts Payable Clerk include:
- Ensure that standing data recorded in the Purchase Ledger, is accurate and up to date, to enable the timely and accurate processing of payable documents.
- Receive, validate, and accurately input to the Purchase Ledger, invoices received from suppliers and intercompany, to ensure only accurate and bona fide documents are processed for payment.
- Ensure all approval queries and 3-way PO matching queries are investigated and resolved.
- Ensure all Direct Debit and Prepayments are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Arrange Purchase Ledger payments accurately and within appropriate time frames, to ensure supplier and employee relationships are maintained at an appropriate level.
- Process Banking transactions in a timely manner, to month end deadlines and to reconciliation timetable.
- Provide cover for other Finance Assistant
Requirements for the Accounts Payable Clerk include:
- GCSEs in Mathematics and English
- Oracle 11i or Oracle R12 EBS experience desirable, including 3-way matching
- Concur Expenses knowledge desirable
- Good working knowledge of the English language
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good communication and self-organisational skills
- Good computer literacy skills (including Word and Excel)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple ledgers
- Any other European language (French, German, Spanish, Polish, Italian) would be a plus
- 2 years accounting/Purchase Ledger experience, ideally within an SSC environment
This is a hybrid role.