Back to jobs
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary £30000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameSamuel Everton
My client is a market leader in the Healthcare sector. The team consists of highly experienced professionals who are industry experts. The business offers hybrid working model.
The main responsibilities will be, not limited to;
- Be able to manage the accounts payable inbox using subfolders and ensure invoices are uploaded on to the invoice platform on a daily basis. This includes opening of mail and sorting invoices into the pre-defined policies.
- Review the general ledger account and cost coding submitted by operations as part of the purchase order and determine if the invoice coding in accounting review is accurate.
- Apply the correct VAT treatment to the invoice for that specific company and demonstrate a basic understanding of VAT.
- Review reports generated from the purchase order platform on a daily basis and resolve items with an open status which includes un-submitted invoices, unmatched purchase orders (including purchase orders that have exceeded their limits) and unapproved purchase orders or invoices.
- Troubleshoot flagged items within the purchase order system and resolve queries raised by users by providing them support.
- Reconcile supplier accounts to supplier statements on a monthly basis.
- Process and pay staff expense claims and analyse credit card accounts and journal payments to the finance system.
- Manage and process invoices using the payment request function and apply the relevant general ledger and cost coding before sending the invoice for approval.
- Process invoices outside of the accounts payable policy directly into the finance system as required and where required use an upload tool.
- Any ad hoc duties as required by the Accounts Payable Supervisor / Manager.
- Previous experience in a similar role for 2+ years;
- Experience working in a high-volume environment;
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Ability to manage a steady but high inflow of work and strict deadlines
- Willingness to work in a primarily team based environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise work; and
- Strong customer service and communication skills.