Our client is a rapidly expanding energy company with a mandate for growth as they navigate through increased demand and international opportunities. This organisation holds their finance team in highest regard and have a clear focus on individual growth and development. The business offers hybrid working.
- Acting as a key member of a Finance team in a growing upstream energy company with exciting development potential, contributing to the daily operational finance support and administration of the Group.
- Co-ordination of the accounts payables process from receipt of the invoice to payment. Key responsibilities will include the timely processing, posting, and monitoring of all invoices, and preparing payment runs.
- Supporting the Management Accountant on a day-to-day basis with relevant supplier analysis, including spend reports, aged creditors and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices. This includes registering invoices into the system within 24hours
- Resolving invoice queries arising through suppliers or internal stakeholders
- Assisting with employee expenses and ensuring all relevant supporting documentation is provided and authorised
- Preparing aged creditors analysis for review and subsequent payment run with relevant support
- Ensuring new supplier onboarding forms are filled out correctly and processed into the accounting system
- Providing basic system training for new users
- Preparing monthly sales journals
- Maintaining supplier relations
- Provision of ad hoc monthly management accounts
- Demonstrable experience of managing Accounts Payable in a large organisation
- Experience within a recent accounting related role. Energy sector preferred, but not essential
- AAT qualified or equivalent or working towards accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
This company offers a competitive salary package, mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.