Accounts Payable Manager
- Posted 02 May 2023
- Salary £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + Bonus (10%)
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameSamuel Everton
My client is a market leader in the IT services sector. The team consists of highly experienced professionals who are industry experts.
Working with the Financial Controllers, suppliers, heads of departments and the finance team in general, the AP Manager will be expected to plan their work around the month end reporting schedule and weekly payment obligations so supporting working capital management objectives, additional duties include:
- Leading and developing an Accounts Payable team for performance now, and succession planning for the future including training, coaching and career development for the team
- Ensure Accounts Payable outcomes and metrics achieve required targets, stretching to improve each day
- Managing priorities and responding to internal and external customer queries, including systems and process queries
- Working cooperatively with Procurement, Finance and Treasury to ensure individual and group performance goals/objectives are met for timing and quality
- Building, checking and approving payment runs
- Providing recommendations for improving Accounts Payable processes and systems, and implementing them with support across procurement
- Demonstrable experience of managing Accounts Payable in a large organisation
- Demonstrated leadership experience of a medium sized team
- Advanced knowledge of Accounts Payable process and governance requirements to prevent fraud
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Understanding of broader purchase to pay processes
- Good numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
This company offers a competitive salary package, mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.
Please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.