West End, London
£55000 - £70000 per annum
8 months ago
Our client, a leading international real estate investment and development company are looking to recruit an Assistant Asset Manager & Asset Manager within their rapidly expanding Asset Management department, particularly focussing on Student Housing/Accommodation. For both positions, you will assist with formulating and executing asset management strategies for our client's student housing assets based in the UK. You will be involved in asset and portfolio reporting, budgeting, formulating and executing asset enhancement initiatives, in order to optimise income and realise the highest value of our assets. You will also prepare and maintain financial reports and variance analysis, prepare and monitor budgets and assist with financial modelling of assets, portfolio and funds.
Other responsibilities include working closely with external property managers to ensure that the assets are properly maintained while building strong relationships with tenants and coordinating with external parties. To succeed in this role, you should be a good team player, possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, being hands-on and resourceful. You should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Preparing, or assisting asset managers in the preparation of, monthly and quarterly separate, (plus annual budget exercise and reforecast) property and finance reports for submission to board members and senior management
- Preparing, or assisting asset managers in the preparation of, approval papers to incur expenditure, appoint external parties and document lease transactions
- Liaising with finance and property management teams to ensure all billings are invoiced correctly, fully collected and appropriately accounted for
- Liaising with asset managers, property managers and finance to ensure that all invoices received are processed correctly and paid in a timely matter
- Monthly non-financial information submitted to overseas teams incorporating occupancy reports and tenant uploads combined with explanations on differences and movements
- Providing variance analysis to the corporate accounting teams within tight deadlines, while being able to explain any nuances of UK real estate market to all parties
- Providing ad hoc budget information to asset managers including update of monthly tenancy changes
- Constant level of interaction with the external parties including property managers and administrators
- Working with the asset managers on the budgeting and forecasting for all UK assets (budgeting on an annual basis and bi-annual reforecasting)
- Preparing presentations to the board and senior management teams on budget tracking, forecasts, variances and ad hoc queries relating to these
- Ability to review financial information and summarise issues concisely
- Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) at all levels across the company
- An analytical approach to work performed
- High attention to detail
- Ability to seek understanding and provide challenge where necessary
- Able to initiate and implement changes to improve processes in terms of efficiency and/or quality
- Able to work under pressure and deliver to timetable, dealing with competing and changing priorities.
- Cope well under pressure, be assertive when required
- Enjoy being part of a highly motivated team.
To be considered for both Asset Management positions, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, able to develop Excel financial models
- Sound understanding of the property sector
- Experience in / exposure to the student accommodation sector
- Minimum of five (5) years' relevant experience in advanced financial modelling / analysis
- Experience working with large excel financial models
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, able to interface with colleagues internally and on a cross-border/remote basis and third parties
- Degree in Real Estate, Finance or equivalent.