City of London, London
£37000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- 9-month assignment, possibility to extend
- Salary depending on experience £37k - £40k
- Part Qualified Financial Accountant - must be actively studying
Our client is one of the best known and most world renowned brands in the world. They are fun and dynamic, and are always looking to push the boundaries of what can be done. They are looking for a studying financial accountant to join their London team and be a part of their international presence.
A newly created opportunity has become available, supporting the Financial Accountant and working closely with the local accounting team.
Your major responsibilities will include;
- General Ledger accounts, including GL postings, reconciliations and clearing of accounts
- Month end closing and Reporting
- Audit and Controls - Support the internal and external audit process
- Asset Management
- Support the transactional team where required
- Project support and other ad hoc support as requested by the Financial Accountant and Finance Manager
The ideal candidate;
- Has come from a transactional background and has progressed to a more senior role supporting the business, in the capacity of Assistant Accountant or Financial Accountant
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- Completed or working towards an ACCA
- Thorough knowledge of local GAAP, IFRS, local tax and accounting laws
- Advanced Excel and previous use of ERP systems i.e. Oracle or SAP
- Your previous experience working for a multinational would be ideal, although you will be representing a division of a larger global business
- You are hands on and curious and somebody that enjoys problem solving
Whilst you will be representing a reputable global brand, you will have the benefit of working with the local team. This is a hands-on role that will offer you the opportunity to also get involved in various global projects.
This is a great opportunity to build on your existing experience and join a team that is both professional and friendly. For more information please submit an updated resume in Word format. Applications will be reviewed promptly, and suitable candidates contacted ASAP.