City of London, London
£26000 - £28000 per annum + 20% Bonus & Pension
6 months ago
Graduate Credit Controller
Our client is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and creative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals - and we do it by supporting a high-energy and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 28 office locations globally.
Overview of the Role
The role is responsible for the daily reconciliation of corporate bank accounts and processing payments for various business units in a timely manner. In addition gaining key knowledge into the fundamentals of corporate cash management, cash forecasting and cash reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily monitoring and analysis of bank account's to ensure they do not go into an overdraft position, reporting spare liquidity and treasury movements
- Daily movement postings within SAP ERP system for all banking transactions
- Assist Group Cash Manager with the daily payment process to ensure all daily EFT, BACS, payroll and ad-hoc payments are paid on the due date and adhere to our internal sign off procedure and strict controls
- Regular liaison with internal colleagues and external parties at counterparty banks to resolve promptly queries relating to outstanding cash payments and receipts
- Preparation of the UK bank account reconciliations for Janus Henderson accounts each month end, with an action plan for clearing outstanding items
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash reports
- Ensure daily upload of global on-boarded banking information into the ERP system
- Maintain the main operating bank accounts and bank database to ensure any changes to bank signatories, signing limits and access to accounts are communicated and updated in a timely manner
- Co-ordination and processing of ad hoc cash transfers-regulatory, inter-company, dividends, re-capitalization
- Assist with the seed investments & dividend process
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Cash management experience within Investment Management is preferred. Must have a minimum of 1 - 2 years of work experience
- Experience of working in a global organisation
- Must be highly motivated and well organised
- 1st Class honours Degree in Finance
- Must be able to work under pressure and be able to adhere to strict reporting deadlines
- Be accurate & diligent, and be concerned with detail
- Customer focused
- Business aware/commercial mindset
- Use own initiative and demonstrate proactivity
- Good Communication skills