City of London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum
2 months ago
Job: Assistant Accountant
Salary: £35000 - £40000
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the position will play a key role supporting the general finance department activities and month end reporting process. The position would ideally suit a qualified by experience accountant looking to work in insurance in a finance context.
- Perform the month end procedure from start to finish with the guidance and oversight of the Financial Controller.
- Recording all invoices and reconciling all bank accounts for all entities in the accounting software. Perform various accounting adjustments in line with accounting standards.
- Produce the month end management accounts in excel using Trial Balances generated in the accounting software.
- Preparation of month end reports including, budget vs actual expenditure; KPI reporting etc.
- Monitor daily treasury position, through projected income and expenditure in various currencies, and reporting daily to the FC, COO and Chairman.
- Liaise with the FC and Chairman regarding cash requirements, monitoring currency markets and trading currency to cover expenditure when required.
- Liaise with the administration team regarding raising and approving payment of expenditure and insurance premium.
- Reconcile Amex expenditure submitted via SAP Concur with monthly payments.
- Assist with the completion of VAT returns.
- Assist with the integration of new share options management software, and the preparation of documentation for the share option schemes.
- Prepare and maintain the fixed asset register held on Twinfield accounts.
- Assist with ad hoc projects requested from the Finance Department.
- Degree level educated or AAT qualififed
- A background working within the Insurance sector strongly preferred but not essential
- At least 4 years experience
- Previous accounting experience in a commercial environment.
- Confident, enthusiastic, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- You must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and have a hands-on approach.
- Intermediate excel skills, proficient with functions such as Vlookups, Sumifs, pivot tables, etc.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of accounting and accounting software principles.