City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Accountant to gain a position in a leading retail/media company based in central London.
This position requires the Assistant Accountant to directly support the finance team in upholding high volume Accounts Payable, bank & reconciliations, handling supplier queries and supporting the team for ad hoc requests.
It is an exciting opportunity for someone who is currently working towards ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
The Assistant Accountant responsibilities include:
- Supporting the team across Accounts Payable
- Invoice processing
- Managing store operations
- Assist with filing and data entry
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash reconciliations
- Provide exceptional communication to assist with queries from staff and department stores
- Assist in any ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
Required Experience and Qualification include:
- Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years experience in Accounts Payable/Accounts Assistant role
- A positive and can-do attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Retail background is a plus
- Exceptional communication - both written and verbal
- Intermediate MS Office Excel skills
Benefits of the role:
- Employee store discounts
- The opportunity to work with a great team
The right candidate will have a great positive attitude, a professional outlook and a willingness to learn. They will be able to demonstrate initiate, to work as a team and are driven to succeed in their accounting career.