City of London
£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Our client is an iconic property group with an ever-expanding footprint and a fantastic culture. Due to the continues growth, they require an energetic Assistant Accountant to help the finance team on a permanent basis.
This team member will be involved across all activities of the function, including:
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ownership of bank reconciliations (weekly) and other balance sheet reconciliations (monthly/quarterly).
- Hold regular meetings with accounts payable and accounts receivable to investigate discrepancies in bank reconciliations.
- Prepare & upload weekly journals into Yardi, attaching appropriate supporting evidence where required.
- Prepare reconciliation of deposits held (weekly) to ensure compliance with relevant TDS standards. Investigate variances and liaise with operational teams to resolve.
- Provide cash data and analysis from Yardi to assist with regular cashflow forecasting.
- Assist with implementation project of Yardi bank book reconciliation function.
- Liaise with auditors for year-end group and subsidiary audits
- Ad hoc tasks to assist with requests from investors, lenders and advisors.
Skills/background of the candidate:
- PQ or proactively studying
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of the need for a controlled environment and adherence to procedures
- Experience dealing with high volumes of work and remaining organised
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- An ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of business
- Strong interpersonal skills