This technology entrepreneur is searching for an Assistant Accountant to join their London-based family office that is growing rapidly in both complexity and scope. The focus of this hybrid role will be to support the Finance function; however, this will be a varied role with the opportunity to experience working in all departments of the organisation. As an Assistant Accountant, you will be reporting to the Finance Director, but you must have an autonomous approach to your work.
Roles and Responsibilities of an Assistant Accountant:
- Bookkeeping duties including VAT.
- Month-end close process including management accounts and balance sheet substantiations.
- Liaising with external auditors, gathering supporting material for year-end audit.
- Preparation of monthly payroll runs for up to 4 employees.
- Preparation of monthly summary reports of assets, income & KPIs.
- Uploading and maintaining the data consolidator / investment performance system (Addepar).
- Monitoring private equity capital calls, distributions and other related administrative tasks.
- Banking duties including managing cash flows, supplier payments and general banking administration.
- Assist in performing due diligence on prospective investments and ensuring contracts are signed on time.
- Coordinating the activities of various professional advisors including tax, legal, and real estate.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- University degree (Accounting/Business related).
- Knowledge of bookkeeping gained either through work experience or a relevant qualification.
- Good system & performance reporting skills gained either through work experience or a relevant qualification.
- Attention to detail with strong organisation skills.
- Strong risk management focus and knowledge.
- Strong communication - oral and written - abilities.
- Working knowledge of Xero and Addepar systems a plus.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, Google suite or equivalent Comfortable working remotely / virtual office at times.
The successful candidate will be offered up to £40k, with a great bonus of in between 10-20%. If you feel you're well suited for this job, and believe you adequately meet the criteria, please don't hesitate in applying.