A specialist financial services provider is on the search for an Assistant Accountant to join their remote team in Wateringbury. The Assistant Accountant's main responsibility will be to aid in providing accounting services that will support the accounts function in ensuring the prompt delivery and accuracy of assigned income statements, balance sheets, and year-end audits.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountants:
- Assist in accounting activities such as preparing VAT return and Dubai management accounts.
- Reconcile accounts, including intercompany and balance sheets.
- Analyse commissions and company accounts for onboarding process.
- Cover Accounts Assistant duties, including bank peer reviews and general accounts email.
- Support audit preparation and complete audit tasks for all entities as needed.
- Prepare daily cash balances analysis.
- Assist in implementing new accounts package.
- Report accounts concerns to HOF promptly and respond to ad hoc queries professionally.
Assistant Accountant Profile:
- AAT qualified with proven experience in an account's advisory role for financial services or retail banking (3+ years preferred).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships across the business with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in IT skills including internet and email, word processing, and spreadsheets, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The successful candidate for this role will be paid in between £35,000 - £40,000 a year, depending on experience. Despite this being a remote role (for the meantime), the ideal candidate will need to be in and around Wateringbury to attend scheduled company meetings.