A thriving financial services firm, based in the heart of London are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their hybrid team to assist in the efficient running of the finance department. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and hungry junior accountant to really develop themselves within an award-winning firm.
Assistant Accountant Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the production of profit & loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts, monthly reports and annual financial statements with variance analysis and commentary.
- Managing accruals and prepayments.
- Process multi-currency expenses in the system and manage all stages of approval.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- General bookkeeping activities.
- Manage payment run process including communication to approvers/signatories, suppliers, budget holders and employees.
- Monthly/quarterly/ad hoc reporting.
Assistant Accountant Candidate Profile:
- 1-3 years in a similar role within financial services.
- 2:1 or higher in an accounting/finance degree.
- Part-qualified in ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
- Autonomous with a get up and go attitude.
- Having a keen interest or having a good understanding of financial markets is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Advanced excel skills are desirable.
- Experience using accounting software is essential.
The successful candidate will be paid up to £35,000, alongside numerous perks such as a healthy bonus, study support, private insurance, cycle to work schemes, free breakfast, bi-weekly company dinners and more.
If you or anyone you know would be suitable for this role, please get in contact.