Currently recruiting for a dynamic and rapidly growing private equity firm in the City of London. As they look to expand their portfolio, they are seeking a talented Assistant Accountant to join their team. This hybrid role will play a crucial part in maintaining financial integrity while providing support for their investment activities.
- Prepare and review financial statements, reports, and investor statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Assist in the due diligence process for potential investments, including financial analysis, data gathering, and documentation.
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger, posting journal entries, and ensuring accuracy in account balances.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations to verify the accuracy of financial transactions and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage invoices, process payments, and assist in collections to optimize cash flow.
- Collaborate with the finance team to create and analyze budgets and forecasts, providing insights into financial performance.
- Assist in tax preparation, compliance, and filings, ensuring adherence to tax laws and regulations.
- Conduct financial analysis and provide reports to support decision-making, identifying opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Degree in Accounting & Finance, or a related field and part qualified in a relevant accounting qualification.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting in private equity or asset management.
- Proficiency in accounting software, financial modelling, and familiarity with financial databases.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, capable of identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Collaborative attitude, capable of working in a team-oriented environment and communicating effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity when handling sensitive financial information.
- A proactive problem solver who can propose innovative solutions to financial challenges.
The successful candidate will be paid up to £40,000 alongside a number of perks and benefits including study support, private healthcare, dental care and a lot more.
If you feel you meet the requirements of this role, please don't hesitate in applying.