City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum + study support
9 days ago
JOB TITLE: Assistant Accountant
REPORTING TO: Financial Controller
SECTOR: Private Equity
Our client is a prestigious private equity firm with a strong and consistent investment track record.
They are seeking a high performing and meticulous Assistant Accountant to join the London team, with similar demonstrable experience within financial and professional services. Reporting into the Financial Controller, the ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task, prioritise effectively whilst working under pressure to meet deadlines.
This role will suit someone at the early stages of their ACCA/CIMA qualification.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations
- Cost accounting for Events ensuring costs incurred are matched against Budget sheets
- Cost accounting for Overheads for Group
- Accruals and Prepayments postings and reconciliations
- Reporting on KPI's for operating units within the business
- Monthly payroll journal preparation and commissions calculations
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting process
- Assisting with preparing the management accounts
- Degree level educated with strong academics at A level and GCSE
- A background in Financial Services or Professional Services
- 2 years accounting experience
- Strong analytical and numerical skillset
- Conscientious, professional and always willing to help
- Strong Microsoft Excel ability