City of London, London
Up to £45000.00 per annum
8 months ago
City based Investment Bank, are looking to recruit an Assistant Analyst to join their expanding Operations department. You will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing and settlement of our client's banking products in the global markets. The Assistant Analyst provides support to the Manager to ensure that Banking local market standards and practices are followed.
Operations Banking is responsible for the management of all Banking transactions from inception to maturity across all global markets. This requires accurate capture in the Bank's Treasury and Accounting systems, which in turn feed data to the Bank's Banking and Risk systems, thereby enabling the measurement of client/counterparty risk and the application of limits and controls as appropriate.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of both internal departments and external organisations to ensure the Bank's transactions are processed and settled in an accurate and timely manner, across multiple markets and several time zones without exposing the Bank to unnecessary operational or reputational risk.
The Assistant Analyst should have broader experience across the main tasks performed by the team, equipping the role holder to assist other team members in completing day to day business requirements and should include experience of Trade Finance products.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Processing of transactions as directed
- Monitors internal accounting ledgers to identify and clear breaks as required.
- Prepares advices to internal and external clients.
- Input of data into the Bank's accounting and funding systems as directed.
- Preparation of adhoc internal reports and reconciliations as directed.
- Preparing swift payments and sending funding instructions to Treasury
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data, processes and practice in accordance with established procedure to identify potential or actual compliance issues and raises issues identified with PM
- Provides advisory services to internal clients relating to own practice area, by being focal point of contact, to ensure there is no misalignment between policy and practice
- Contributes to the development of procedures within own area of specialism to ensure the function best responds to the Bank's needs.
- Updates procedures to reflect changes to policies and in current practice.
- Responsibility for the checking and authorisation of other team members' work to ensure accuracy in processing/settlement of Bank's transactions
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Additional relevant languages would be beneficial
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with Summit, SAP and SWIFT systems
- Experience in a relevant Operations department
- Knowledge of Legal documentation
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of the Bank and its functions
- Ability to record high volumes of Trade Finance transactions