£30000 - £35000 per annum + study support
about 1 year ago
JOB TITLE: Assistant Financial Accountant
SALARY: £30000 - £35000
Reporting to the Finance Manager this role will play an important part in ensuring all statutory and taxation compliance requirements are met.
The successful candidate will need to work closely with the rest of the Finance team in order to ensure consistency and best practice is developed and maintained across the function, proactively driving the ongoing improvement of business practices and performance across the team.
- Prepare financial statements and annual transparency reports for review by the Finance Manager.
- Preparation of schedules and deliverables for the interim and year-end statutory and transparency audits
- Assisting the finance manager in facilitating the year end statutory and transparency report audits through managing the finance teams audit deliverables and sampling
- Prepare month end journals, balance sheet reconciliations for a number of accounts including the high level monthly balance sheet summaries.
- Processing treasury related journals at month-end and reconciling the balance sheet accounts
Set up manual payments, including international payments
- Prepare and file quarterly VAT returns reparation and submission of overseas companies corporation tax returns
- Assist with finance elements of the new Finance System/Project
- Ad-hoc analysis and project work
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- 3+ years experience
- VAT returns, statutory reporting and tax experience
- Corporation tax - desirable
- Confident communicator
- Intermidate Excel (pivot tables, lookups, if function)
- Socialable personality - able to be a team player