City of London, London
£25000 - £30000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Our Client, a Broker based in the City of London, is looking for an Assistant Financial Analyst to join the business. You must have excellent Excel skills and experience managing, writing and editing VBA. Successful candidates will be required to have the ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
Role: Assistant Financial Analyst
- Management, reconciliation and analysis of the data input and output from internal billing system
- A key part of the role is to continually assess how processes can be developed to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Preparation of detailed invoice files for a cost plus clients
- Preparation of estimates for revenue and cost and other book-close processes performed monthly
- Analysis of direct costs including exchange, brokerage, clearing and settlement fees, system costs etc.
- Examining the costs associated with each activity, tracking and recording these costs, being able to identify the impact on monthly profitability of changes in the drivers for each activity
- Ad-hoc analysis measuring the financial impacts of various operational initiatives, as well as maintaining the analysis of the cost savings of initiatives already implemented
- Production of client profitability reports
- Production of the international business daily report
- Production of month end stat files
- Must have excellent Excel skills and experience managing, writing and editing visual basic (VBA) Scripts (preferable)
- PC Literate, including Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office applications
- Able to demonstrate expertise in dealing with and manipulating large data sets
- Can demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to use own initiative with a focus on improving processes
- Client focused
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure to strict deadlines