£30000 - £35000 per annum + study support
about 2 months ago
Our client is a leading property company based in the heart of the city.
The role forms part of a small Group Finance team. The Assistant Management Accountant reports directly to the Group Accountant, and works closely with the Accounts Assistant who is currently studying ACCA.
The Accounts Assistant and Assistant Management Accountant are both responsible for the financial management of the head office entities, which primarily hold the group function cost centres, group treasury function activity and various other smaller holding companies.
- Overall responsibility for the small head office entities - includes monthly management accounts preparation & nominal account reconciliations, cash flow, responsibility for annual budgeting process and re-forecasting process 3 times a year
- Assist in the year end and interim process, and dealing with queries from external auditors
- Statutory accounts preparation and use of the group consolidation system to ensure results are included in the group view and movements in balance sheet accounts are classified correctly
- Review of balance sheet and preparation of monthly reconciliations
- Review VAT report monthly and quarterly and submit return quarterly.
- Review and submit EC sales list monthly.
- Intercompany balances - journal entries, invoicing, reconciliation and ensuring timely settlement
- Intercompany Recharges - monthly review and journal entries
- Bank reconciliations and setting up weekly payment runs
- Monthly maintenance of accruals and prepayments schedules
- Monthly Cost analysis/ tracking - including review of capital expenditure
- Annual maintenance of process notes for the team's regular responsibilities
- Diligent maintenance of filing for support for all payments and receipts, as well as ensuring all relevant electronic records are appropriate maintained and stored
- Cover for the Accounts Assistant /treasury team when required
- Review of company credit card charges
- Degree level education - non-finance degree required
- ACCA/CIMA studier, must not have obtained exams via exemptions
- 2-3 years experience with AP/AR/VAT and assisted with the accounts
- Open to background although practice advantageous
- Good team player, willing to provide assistance to team members wherever possible
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Sociable personality
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and general computer skills.