£30000 - £35000 per annum + study support
about 1 month ago
Our client is a leading investment management company based in central London. They are a forward thinking business, with a vibrant and ambitious working environment. The successful candidate will perform the role of Assistant Management Accountant. This role will have responsibility over ensuring effective support and business partnering, whilst having efficient accounting and financial reporting skills. The right individual will have excellent time and stakeholder management abilities, pay great attention to detail and be able to apply these skills in a dynamic working environment.
- Monthly management accounts preparation & nominal account reconciliations, cash flow, responsibility for annual budgeting process and re-forecasting process.
- Business partnering with budget holders across the group
- Recharges - actively maintain the recoverable expenses accounts for recharging of costs
- Assist in the year end and interim process, and dealing with queries from external auditors
- Statutory accounts preparation and use of the group consolidation system to ensure results are included in the group view and movements in balance sheet accounts are classified correctly
- Review of balance sheet and preparation of monthly reconciliations
- Review VAT report monthly and quarterly and submit return quarterly.
- Intercompany balances - journal entries, invoicing, reconciliation and ensuring timely settlement
- Intercompany Recharges - monthly review and journal entries
- Bank reconciliations and setting up weekly payment runs
- Monthly maintenance of accruals and prepayments schedules
- Monthly Cost analysis/ tracking - including review of capital expenditure
- Annual maintenance of process notes for the team's regular responsibilities
- Diligent maintenance of filing for support for all payments and receipts, as well as ensuring all relevant electronic records are appropriate maintained and stored
- Review of company credit card charges
- Ad-hoc project work
- Degree level education with strong academics
- ACCA/CIMA studier
- 3+ years experience with AP/AR/VAT and assisted with the accounts
- Open to background although FS advantageous
- Good team player, willing to provide assistance to team members wherever possible
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Sociable personality
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and general computer skills.