West End, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum
AMA - JN_1632382721
2 months ago
Join a UK leading media company as an Assistant Management Accountant where you will support and add value to the Financial Planning & Analysis team by preparing the monthly management accounts, revenue and cost recognition, forecasting and carrying out analysis. You will be reporting to the Management Accountant.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities as Assistant Management Accountant:
- Timely monthly completion of the company management accounts with responsibility for accurate revenue and cost recognition.
- Maintain revenue contracts and analyse variances to budget by providing summarised information for management decision making purposes.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate cost reports in order to track and understand actual costs versus budget and revised forecast.
- Attend meetings with budget holders to ensure effective two-way communication regarding budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure budget holders are fully informed of their progress against budget and revised forecast including delivery of the relevant revenue and cost reports.
- Responsible for running and checking the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Trial Balance each month in order to ensure all figures balance and are accurate.
- Completion of owned balance sheet reconciliations and schedules ensuring any variances are fully investigated and adjustments made accordingly.
- Preparation of the Financial schedules for Board and Finance Committee meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 12 - 18 months experience in a finance department, preferably management accounts.
- An understanding of Management Accounting - including journals, double-entry accounting and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Studying towards a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
£25,000 - £30,000
37.5 hours per week. Mon - Fri 9 - 5:30 + hybrid working