Back to jobs
Assistant Regulatory Accountant
- Posted 18 May 2023
- Salary £40000 - £45000 per annum + hybrid working + bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameFerdie Arkwright
A growing commercial bank, based in Soho are on the lookout for an Assistant Regulatory Accountant to join their hybrid team in supporting the liquidity and capital reporting activities of the bank. This role has come about due to expansion within the firm, and thus require an Assistant to the Regulatory Accountant.
Assistant Regulatory Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare daily reports on the Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) and conduct liquidity stress-testing analysis for the Executive Committee, ensuring the delivery of insightful analysis on significant movements.
- Provide management with advice on the liquidity implications of commercial business initiatives.
- Assist in the monthly preparation of liquidity returns, including LCR, Asset and Liability Management Mechanism (ALMM), and PRA110.
- Contribute to horizon scanning processes by providing input and insights.
- Enhance the Bank's understanding of future regulatory reporting requirements for liquidity and capital by developing the knowledge base.
- Update procedure documentation and continually improve processes and controls.
- Conduct user acceptance testing for system functionality related to new products or regulatory reporting and core banking systems.
- Provide support to the regulatory reporting team in fulfilling wider reporting responsibilities, such as COREP, FINREP, and statistical reporting.
Assistant Regulatory Accountant Profile:
- Possessing 2-4 years of professional experience in regulatory reporting or financial accounting.
- Pursuing or having obtained a recognised accountancy qualification is desirable, although not mandatory.
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of regulatory frameworks such as the PRA rule book, CRR, CRD, and liquidity reporting requirements.
- Displaying proficient knowledge of accounting principles, particularly familiarity with IFRS accounting standards.
- Exhibiting advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Having an awareness of project management techniques, systems implementation, and testing processes.
The successful candidate will be paid in between £40,000 - £45,000 alongside a multitude of perks and benefits, including a bonus, private health insurance, dental care and more.