Associate Business Development Manager
About the Company:
Our client, a leader in Investment Management who transform innovative ideas into successful businesses, are actively recruiting for a Associate Business Development Manager to join their dynamic Business Development Team.
You will play a crucial part in taking investment opportunities to the market through various business development and administrative activities.
The successful candidate MUST have a proven background in Business Development/Sales from Investment Management and/or Financial Services.
Key Responsibilities for Associate Business Development Manager:
- Collaborate with BD Managers and Directors to build and maintain strong relationships with financial advisers and other intermediaries.
- Position yourself and the company as a trusted business partner.
- Conduct research on prospective clients, identifying new business opportunities within the market.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company and its investment products, along with knowledge of the wider market.
- Proactively contact new and existing clients, setting up meetings on behalf of BD Managers and Directors.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, financial illustrations, and other materials for client meetings.
- Follow up on meetings and events, providing further support and developing opportunities for new business.
- Proactively seek opportunities to cross-sell/upsell where appropriate, involving BD Managers and Directors as required.
- Manage the pipeline of sales opportunities by keeping CRM up to date, ensuring accuracy of forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with the Client Services team to manage client queries and ensure the timely processing of investment applications.
- Deliver against Key Performance Indicators set by the BD Director.
- Demonstrable success in a sales/account management environment.
- Driven, competitive individual with an ambition and desire to achieve targets.
- Confident and strong communicator, familiar and comfortable with various communication formats such as Teams and Zoom.
- Proficient with Excel, including pivot tables, data manipulation, analysis, and creating MI packs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Sound judgement, adaptability, and the ability to influence others.
- With training and support, an ability to develop an understanding of complex investment products and the needs of investors, as well as an appreciation of tax issues surrounding financial products.
- A team player who can demonstrate proactiveness, enthusiasm, and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Pension.
- Health and Wellbeing Benefits.
- Flexible working - 2-3 days in the office, other days working remotely.
- 25 days holiday, increasing every January by 1 day + 8 bank holidays. Potential to purchase up to 5 extra days.
- Paid leave for charity work.