Up to £34000.00 per annum
7 months ago
To provide general client and account relationship services to the Bank's customers on a day-to-day basis including payment services, opening, closing, monitoring and maintenance of client accounts in accordance with the Bank's policies and procedures including the procurement of related KYC and other documentation.
To be a backup for the other Banking Services Officer and to carry out all jobs performed by that officer while acting in that capacity.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
To provide general client relationship services to the Bank's customers on a day-today basis
- Receive customers personally calling into the Bank, responding to their requests and provide services or assistance as required.
- Receive customer payment / transfer requests, authenticating, verifying and authorizing as appropriate and in accordance with procedures. Distribute to other departments for processing, ensuring all instructions are clear.
- Receive and respond in a timely manner to all customer enquiries, whether by letter, fax, phone or e-mail.
- To be responsible for the renewal of all term deposits and loans ensuring the correct rate and renewal period is applied and that all customer instructions are met.
- Liaise and confirm with Dealer as required in respect of any Foreign Exchange transactions particularly those that fall outside the $10,000 transaction limit.
- Responsibility for ensuring all client requests for Standing Orders, standing instructions and Direct Debits are checked and forwarded for processing.
- Adhere and follow the Bank's Complaint Handling procedures ensuring that any complaint is recorded and forwarded to the Asst Manager Banking Services &/or Manager Middle Office Banking Services.
Be responsible for the account opening, closing and maintenance in accordance with the Bank's policies and procedures, and procurement of related documentation.
- To be responsible for the opening of all new client accounts with the Bank, whether the request is received in person, or by letter or through an introduction via our Parent bank, branches or rep office.
- To Interview any new or prospective clients as directed by Asst Manager Banking Services & Manager Middle Office Banking Services.
- `Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all of the Banks policies and procedures relating to KYC and other documentation required to complete the account opening formalities.
- To monitor the progress and status of accounts being opened to ensure that wherever possible we provide an efficient and smooth service for the client.
- Maintain a schedule/email, for audit purposes, of any outstanding documentation still required for accounts opened prior to full documentation being available.
- Create individual ID's on the system database for each party to any accounts opened.
- Set up and maintain customer mandate files ensuring that the records are accurate and up to date.
- Open any further accounts as required for customers from time to time, authorised by the appropriate authority.
- Update and amend any changes to customer details, status, address etc. on the system.
- To be responsible for the closure of all customer accounts ensuring that all formalities such as interest application, service charges etc. are taken or applied prior to closure.
- Maintain and be responsible for the Accounts Opened and Closed register.
Be responsible for the ongoing review of all client accounts including regular account monitoring and transaction monitoring in accordance with the Bank's AML Policies and Procedures.
- Review and examine, if instructed, the 'Highest daily movements report' and 'High Risk Transactions Reports' for customers. To verify that the transaction(s) fall within the customers known profile and investigate as required.
- Review general transactions movements and operation of accounts in the ordinary course of business to ensure activity remains within expected profile.
- Be aware of responsibilities under AML regulations and procedures for reporting internally any suspicious transactions.
- To carry out reviews of both designated "High Risk" clients and "Low Risk" in accordance with the bank's policy and procedure.
- Ensure client accounts are reviewed for documentation at times of any change in status.
- Ensure the maintenance of superior customer service at all times through good relationships with existing and prospective clients and contact with personnel within and outside the Bank.
- Ensure major issues are escalated to the Asst Manager Banking Services & Manager Middle Office Banking Services.
- Ensure polite and friendly interaction with customers visiting the branch or on the telephone is maintained at all times.
To provide cover of general duties of the other BSO during times of absence including the following specific areas:
i. Cash services
ii. Maintain the cheque book, safekeeping registers
To carry out any other duties as assigned by Management & Manager Middle Office Banking Services
Qualifications and Experience
- Education : Minimum 'A' Level
- Experience: Minimum of 3 - 5 years banking experience with good understanding of Bank Services/Front Office
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous Banking experience gained from within a similar environment
- A good knowledge and understanding of maintenance of customer accounts
- A solid knowledge and understanding of UK AML and regulatory requirements with emphasis on KYC, transaction monitoring and reviews.
- Good Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and oral is essential
- Ability to deal internally with back office support staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain quality relationships with the Bank's customers.
- Ability to be able to deal confidently with the highest levels of customer contact.
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Core Banking systems familiarity and understanding