£42000 - £48000 per annum
5 months ago
An amazing opportunity for a Finalist or newly qualified commercial accountant to join a world class publish subscription company. This role sits within the commercial finance team and reports into the FP&A Manager. The company offer flexible working as well as one of the best overall benefits packages that we have seen. This position and FP&A team is brand new so you will get to make the role your own and you will have a full company view, operating across all business areas to provide a company-wide picture.
- Own the forecast P&Ls, including reconciling and analysing them during forecasts, and maintaining them to reflect changes to the structure of the business
- Provide analysis by interrogating data and performing reconciliations and comparisons against expectations
- Administration of the forecast: communicating timelines, deliverables and expectations to our Commercial Finance colleagues and ensuring that these requirements are met by liaising with relevant team members throughout.
- Journal posting and balance sheet reconciliations for central accounts
- Maintenance of the rolling forecast, including regular loading of actuals, and reconciliations to ensure that any changes to expectation are fully understood
- Working with the finance systems team to maintain the structure of the forecast P&L
- Ad hoc tasks such as forecasting the company bonus scheme, assessing the impact of employee cost changes, compiling data requests from the business, liaising with external auditors and the internal central reporting team
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing weekly and monthly reporting packs *
Please apply if you are:
- Degree education with fantastic academics
- Have been in a commercial role for the past year to 2 years
- finalist or newly qualified