City of London, London
£65000 - £80000 per annum
about 1 month ago
City based Global Trading company, are looking to recruit a Business Development Director to join their expanding Business Development department/unit. Our client has business units based on industry and each business unit has its own business development functions, however, this team undertakes business development for the business that relates to cross divisional business. For example, Hydrogen business is a new trend in the energy field. Since it is a new trend, there is not an ecosystem to function on the production side (manufacturing) and demand side (User side). In order to make an ecosystem of the Hydrogen business, several business units need to collaborate, such as Energy business unit, Automotive, Infrastructure. The team is trying to initiate business like this with strategic partners. Making strategic partnerships with reputable companies in the EU is their challenge in the organisation.
This position requires experience in creating business, getting consensus with Energy business unit as well as senior management. The aim of this role is to create new business from a company-wide and mid to long-term perspective. The candidate will need to communicate with the Business Development Teams across regional offices.
Main responsibilities of the Business Development Director will include;
- Business Development - Develop cross-border business/investment opportunities in the energy transition field, which includes new energy and energy efficiency
- Build Strategic Partnership - Create and/or develop strategic partnership in the energy transition field with existing industrial players, which could lead transformation of new business of Energy business unit
- Execution of New Business Opportunities - Support and/or lead Energy business unit to execute new business opportunities that are developed in above activities, to materialise the business and transform the existing business area, including due diligence, negotiation and gaining internal consensus approvals
- Collaboration and Communication - Actively initiate collaboration and communication to make strategic alignment with Energy business unit and support regional offices to materialise business by utilising their resources (network, connections, ideas etc) and help Energy business unit to strategize directions in the energy transition field by feeding knowledge and movement of the market.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- University educated - preferably in any of the following areas: Accounting, International Tax, Law, Finance and/or Economics
- Relevant business development experience and/or experience of corporate development through creation of mid to long term strategic plans
- Experience in project development and project management
- Preferred in experience of project and/or investment Due Diligence, execution
- Experience working within a European and/or global remit in a corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- A logical thinker
- Advanced Excel skills