City of London, London
£65000 - £70000 per annum
over 1 year ago
City based Asset Manager are looking to recruit a Business Manager to join their expanding London office. In this position, the incumbent will be working closely with the COO Asset Management and Asset Management Committee to improve and maintain team effectiveness allowing analysts and fund managers to focus on investing
As the Business Manager, main responsibilities will include;
- Research, development, implementation, maintenance and management of various systems and tools used by the Asset Management team.
- Management and optimisation of the overall research process; overseeing record-keeping and monitoring analyst and FM activity.
- Manage external research process; vendor management, price negotiation, research provider reviews, quality of data and vendor evaluation, budget management, working with finance to ensure payment to providers is completed in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of regulatory change.
- Oversight of the AM travel budget.
- Manage the production of the Quarterly Investment Briefing.
- Analysis & resolution of ad-hoc operational issues (Charles River order management system, Bloomberg, Desk Moves, etc.)
- Represent Asset Management at various operationally oriented committees as and when required (e.g. Operations Committee, Product Committee, and Crisis Management Committee).
- Provide guidance and oversee work produced by team assistants as well as providing admin support from time to time.
- Oversight of 2 Asset Management Assistants; monitor the team and asses level of support required, ensure processes within the team are robust and systems being utilized correctly and efficiently.
To be considered for the Business Manager position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Personal skills; confident in dealing with all levels of management, a multi-tasker, a good communicator, ability to work on own as well as in a team.
- Clear ownership of issues and projects, with focus on completing tasks.
- Strong level of understanding of investment processes.
- Proactive in looking for improvement opportunities and issues and resolving them.
- Credible with colleagues and external counter parties.
- Advanced knowledge & use of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel (macros would be useful) and SharePoint.
- IMC or other investment qualification is desirable.
- Team management skills.