West End, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, an International FX & Payments business based in the West End of London, are looking to recruit a Cash Treasury & Payments Officer to join their expanding London office. The Cash & Treasury and Payments Officer will be responsible for managing the FX cash and treasury liquidity to ensure that the right currency is in place for payments and be responsible for daily payments processing and ad hoc duties, including processing client money transactions, performing reconciliations, identifying client money issues whenever they arise and maintaining meticulous records
Main responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for all Back Office duties related to payments, ensuring all payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner, complying with all procedures.
- Responsible for Cash and treasury management, including running the FX cash and treasury liquidity to ensure that the right currency is in place for payments
- Complete bank account administration, ensuring accounts are linked
- Complete daily monitoring of bank accounts.
- Cover Head of Back Office responsibilities while on annual leave.
- Manage late payments and ensure that all positions are correct with each liquidity provider.
- Perform payment reconciliation and confirmation activity, promptly notifying relevant colleagues of any and all discrepancies, and investigating and addressing in a timely and efficient manner
- Preparation of monthly Treasury 'Dashboard' report for Director of Operations in terms of treasury costs.
- Prioritise workflow to ensure all cut-off times are strictly achieved.
- Ensure telephone calls and emails are responded to in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Investigate and report suspicious activity to the Head of Compliance and MLRO.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Back Office to assist team members with completion of workload and projects.
- Other duties as relevant to the role to assist team members with completion of workload and projects.
- Deal with general stakeholder enquiries in a timely and efficient manner, including responding to queries on past payments.
- Assist in the creation, review and update of procedures with the wider team on a regular basis.
- Actively seek to improve processes and workflows, provide solutions to operational problems and suggest improvements.
- Support the identification, management and resolution of service affecting incidents, promptly highlighting to the Head of Back Office.
- Work effectively within the Back Office team to maximise potential and deliver results.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Knowledge of domestic and international payments guidelines, scheme rules and regulatory framework, working knowledge of AML procedures, and understanding of reconciliation processes and statement reporting.
- Knowledge of multi country, multi banking partner cash and treasury processes.
- 1+ years proven experience in a Treasury, Payments or Back Office role for a financial services business, consumer lending business or retail bank preferred
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail and sound business acumen; Be able to build trusting and collaborative relationships across the Business;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexible, collaborative team player with the ability to work on own initiative;
- Have meticulous attention to detail; Demonstrate basic IT skills, including Internet and email, computers, word processing, and spreadsheets;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills;
- Demonstrate strong time management skills with the ability to work across multiple projects effectively;
- Have ability to work to deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and successfully prioritise a varied and demanding workload;
- Good working knowledge of relevant Compliance obligations.