City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
City based Clearing House are looking to recruit a Clearing Analyst, to follow and contribute to checks & procedures established by the management of the Clearing department. The role operates on a shift pattern, with shifts between 7am and 1am. Regular rotation of shifts is required.
Main responsibilities of the Clearing Analyst will include;
- To ensure trades are processed in a timely fashion, taking into account the regulatory, client and company needs
- To act with professionalism and integrity
- To follow certain detailed intra-day & end-of-day daily checks and procedures
- To contribute to the knowledge base within the team, including documentation
- To maintain and develop relationships with core service providers (including exchanges) and key client contacts (Clearing counterparts)
- Ensure all regulatory reporting requirements are fulfilled daily, ensuring submissions are accurate and are uploaded in time (Inc. CFTC LTF, CME PCS/CGM, ICE GCM)
- Maintain static within internal system including client account openings/closures, contract set up and Fee/Commission rates
- Provide test support for system upgrades, enhancing STP and automation where possible
- To monitor all Give-in/Give-up activity and allocate trades where needed, correctly and timely
- Must be aware of market clearing deadlines and be able to proactively resolve possible overnight trade defaults and issues
- Have a sound understanding of business & client cash flow
- Must be able to fluently understand and manage the contract delivery processes, including, but not limited to: Cash settlements; FX delivery & Options exercise/ assignment.
- Ensure timely communication of clearing issues to the Operations Management.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience & skills;
- Ability to adapt systems knowledge and be able to learn new systems in a short time period
- Excellent presentation skills in order to present clearly, any ideas or improvements
- Able to manage and organise work independently
- The ability to input and update static data accurately and efficiently daily
- The ability to input cash postings and adjustments accurately and efficiently daily
- The ability to create, modify and submit regulatory reports accurately and efficiently daily
- Knowledge of the current regulatory environment - particularly MIFIR, EMIR
- Knowledge of Exchange Large Trader reporting requirements
- Moderate to advanced excel skills necessary - Knowledge of FIX/MQ/Excel Macro/VBA/Access advantageous
- A thorough understanding of the connections between front, middle and back office systems
Listed below are some of the Markets and Systems are client covers, if you've got experience with any of these we'd be keen to hear from you.
Markets cleared (including, but not limited to): CBOT, CME, COMEX, DME, ENX-Amsterdam-Equity, ENX-Paris, ENX-Paris-Equity, EUREX, HKFE, ICE-EU, ICE-US, IFLL, IFLO, IFLX, KLSE, MGE, NYMEX, OSE, SFE, SGX, TFX, TOCOM.
Systems used (including, but not limited to): Seals, Eclipse, System Manager, GBDS, ICE PTMS, ICE FEC, ICE ECS, CME FEC+, CME EREP, CCW, Stellar, TT, CQG, various sFTP programs, full office suite.