City of London, London
£38000 - £40000 per annum
4 months ago
KennedyPearce are hiring a full-time Finance Analyst for a global multi-site business. You will support and business partner with teams including the Product and Operational teams in the UK business. You will also play a key role in a well-respected Finance team, who operate at the core of business decision making. The role has a wide scope, is varied and interesting; providing the successful candidate with a great opportunity to really influence and lead the way with our business performance. You will be joining a friendly and committed team, and we are looking for someone who is highly ambitious with a passion to learn and the credibility to work closely with the senior leadership team to drive the business forward.
Reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager you will:
- Responsible for the ownership of business strategy and implementation of recent business model changes into current strategy. You will adapt financial reporting to remain fit for purpose as the business develops in line with overall company strategy. You will work closely with heads of department to challenge and drive business performance for the largest product line.
- You will also be responsible for forecasting, budgeting and reporting on other product lines and work closely with Heads of Product in managing these P+L's to support decision making and drive business performance.
- Financial modelling to analyse feasibility of new business options and initiatives across all product areas is a key part of the role, and you will own payroll budgeting, forecasting and reporting, understanding variances to budget and mitigating risks and optimising budget cost.
- You will identify risks and opportunities within P+L performance prior to month end reporting and assessment of potential mitigating actions to support wider forecasting processes. You will have complete ownership of month end P+L and KPI and key business stakeholders, and reviewing and challenging historical trading results, understanding reasons for trends and variances to budget.
- You have a part-qualification accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You are currently working in a similar role and/or have experience working in a commercial environment
- You are commercially minded with an eye for detail - nothing gets by without you noticing
- You have the ability to communicate complex information in a stimulating and meaningful way at all levels and cross-functionally
- You are influential and persuasive, with the ability to work at pace
- You constantly strive for improvement and the ability to embrace change in a positive way
- You are proficient at Excel and experience of Power BI and TM1 systems also preferable but not essential