Back to jobs
Commercial Finance Manager
- Posted 17 May 2023
- Salary £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameJoanna Engel
Expanding Organisation seeks a Qualified Commercial Finance Manager to join their business on a permanent basis. This Commercial Finance Manager is a newly created role, the business has long established relationships with suppliers, end customers and funders. The business is Private Equity backed and has ambitious strategic growth plans.
Duties of the Commercial Finance Manager includes:
- Production of Daily/Weekly/Monthly Securitisation Reports for Financing Facilities
- Production of both long term and short-term cash flow forecast along with monthly variance analysis.
- Monthly RLS submissions for the British Business Bank
- Production of monthly accounts for individual companies and consolidation of group accounts including variance analysis
- Identification and analysis of key business trends
- Production of monthly board pack
- Production of monthly bad debt provision reporting
- Take charge of overseeing the annual group and statutory audit processes, which includes managing the coordination of requested supporting information from external auditors.
- Production of Statutory Accounts ensuring compliance with FRS102
- Production of Corporation Tax packs information
- Monthly/Quarterly Vat Returns
- Provide support in developing the company's 5-year business plan, which includes creating all the necessary financial reports, conducting analysis, and preparing presentation materials. Work closely with relevant business stakeholders to gather input for the plan and assist in consolidating financial data.
- Completion of National Statistics & FCA forms
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g., auditors, solicitors, bankers, and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Provide assistance for any additional ad hoc projects
Requirements for the Commercial Finance Manager include:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Strong systems experience and the ability to understand impacts and value for finance and wider business.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- FS/Leasing Background advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Operational Improvement - Understanding of own book lending, Risk management and the collections process/arrears management.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Proven track record at working in a fast-paced complex and dynamic environment.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Power BI advantageous however not essential