£27000 - £30000 per annum
10 days ago
- Currently fully remote role but will be 2/3 days based in Waterloo office
- Looking for an AAT qualified or actively studying (CIMA, ACCA) accountant
To provide excellent front line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers' needs are met and the departmental objectives are achieved.
This role will support on the structure, compilation, reporting and commentary of budget and financial performance of all work streams within Customer Service department.
The role will support with forecasting the annual spend across all Customer Service work streams as well as department expenditure.
Support the compilation of annual budgets and forward forecasts (monthly) in collaboration with Heads of Service for review and approval by the Head of Commercial and Customer Service Directors.
Support the structuring, compilation and presentation of Customer Services monthly management accounts and performance reporting packs that track the actual performance of contractors, inclusive of variance analysis and commentary.
Responsible for the timely payment of contractor invoices and ensuring they are coded to the correct budgets.
- Support the compilation of annual budgets and forward forecasts (monthly) in collaboration with Heads of Service for review and approval by the Head of Commercial and Customer Services
* Support the structuring, compilation and presentation of Customer Services monthly management accounts and performance reporting packs that track the actual performance of contractors, inclusive of variance analysis and commentary.
* Responsible for the timely payment of contractor invoices and ensuring they are coded to the correct budgets.
* Liaising with payments team and building close relationship to ensure any payments queries and invoice payments are resolved
* Maintain a certified tracker each month of contractor certified payments raised and ensuring a summary invoice tracker is up to date prior to month end reporting.
* Raising monthly investment contractor valuations and maintain monthly records.
* Monitor and report actual performance against budget by contractor, including variance analysis and commentary for use across the group.
* Assist with the monthly accruals process for Customer Services, ensuring all costs are captured in the correct period.
* Assist in forecasting annual spend monthly using financial modelling to highlight risks and opportunities.
* Collaborate with Service Managers monthly to review the financial performance for the month and year to date and gain operational insight for providing commentary on variances.
* Provide spend trend analysis as required by the Customer Services management team. Monitor trends and exceptions in all contracts.
* Help maintain a value for money log throughout each financial year that highlights key savings made through efficiency improvements.
* Ensure all financial reporting is recorded and documented.
* Carry out spot checks and audits as required
* Support the Directors and Heads of Service throughout the Customer Services Directorate through the provision of such services and expertise as may from time to time be required. Undertake any other duties as requested by the department's management.
* Ensure the timely payment of contractor and supplier invoices and ensure invoiced spend is allocated to the correct budgets and work streams.
* Provide a professional and friendly, customer-focused, and reliable service always
* To develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support our customers and consistently demonstrating a 'can-do' attitude.
* To assess clients' needs to ensure effective service delivery.
* To advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed, and proactive resolutions are identified.
* To update and maintain systems/ records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI's are met.
* To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
You will be:
* Able to work as part of a team.
* Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
* Able to use relevant computer systems and software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
* AAT or equivalent, Part qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA), degree level qualification
* 1 years' experience in a similar role