City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
5 months ago
Our Client, an International Bank based in the City of London, are looking for a Mandarin speaking Compliance Assistant to join there Compliance Team to support the Head of Compliance and MLRO in delivering a risk-based compliance and AML/CTF programme across the Bank.
Main responsibilities of the Compliance Assistant will include;
- Act as alternate for Head of Compliance and MLRO, when the Senior Compliance Manager is also unavailable/absent.
- Contribute to the development of regulatory procedures by identifying areas of weakness and making suggestions for improvement.
- Assist with and assume delegated responsibility for key aspects of the Compliance function, such as maintenance of elements of the Financial Crime Prevention Policy and the transaction monitoring programme, including monitoring and assessing communications in Mandarin and translating, when necessary.
- Provide support and guidance to the business in completing customer due diligence consistent with Bank policies and procedures, including: assisting with the translation of documents received from China; review and sign-off of customer files; and escalation to the MLRO, where appropriate.
- Work with the business to handle AML/CTF-related issues and provide advice to assist the business in understanding and interpreting the relevant rules and requirements.
- Assist with the internal Compliance training programme by delivering or assisting in the delivery of induction, continuation and ad hoc training and briefings to Bank Staff, including compiling and maintaining completion data for Compliance training.
- Assist the Senior Compliance Manager in producing reports for senior management and the Head Office, including papers and presentation slides for Management Committee meetings, as required.
- Translate Compliance Department reports into Mandarin for submission to Head Office.
- Act as primary contact and liaison point with Head Office on Compliance and AML related issues
- Assist with ad hoc project work.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have at least 1 years Compliance experience preferably working for an International Bank and speak fluent Mandarin.