West End, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
17 days ago
Our client an independent, FCA regulated, investment advisory firm based in the West End of London are looking to recruit a new Compliance Associate. This position will offer natural career progression, which eventually could lead to holding a controlled function in the future.
Key Purpose of Role;
- Reviewing all relevant areas of their duties on a regular basis and informing the Chief Operating Officer of any possible deficiencies.
- Report any suspicion of fraud, financial crime or money laundering to the relevant authorities.
- Report any suspicion of market abuse (including insider dealing) to the Chief Operating Officer
- Along with the Chief Operating Officer, oversee all activities of the business to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements.
- Along with the Chief Operating Officer, assist in establishing and maintaining an effective compliance program to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Provide guidance to the Management team and the Board on matters relating to Compliance.
- Identify and monitor compliance risk areas of the business and recommend/initiate corrective actions. Manage all registers with a view to recommendations for improvements dependent on the needs of the business.
- Ad-hoc reviews and projects as required by both compliance monitoring outputs and regulatory change.
- Report directly to the SMF16 & SMF17 and the Executive Management Committee with business MI and regulatory changes which impact the firm.
- Along with the Chief Operating Officer, review the company's policies and procedures and ensure amendments are made to bring them in line with any regulatory changes required for all regulatory updates. Considering ad-hoc updates issued by the various regulators (F.C.A., I.C.O. etc) particularly keeping in mind policy statements and Dear CEO letters.
- Act as first point of contact for employees, partners and the Management team to provide regulatory advice and guidance on day-to-day business as well as ad hoc projects and business development.
- Along with the Chief Operating Officer, identify and monitor risks to the business, detail the firmwide risk assessment in the ICAAP and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Carry out the company's CMP and develop it to incorporate any required changes along with managing and updating all registers.
- Consult with the Chief Operating Officer and outside Counsel as needed and determine resource needs for regulatory change projects such as MiFID, GDPR & SMCR.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer, management, and others as appropriate to develop an effective training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training and CPD for all employees, Managers & Partners.
- Conduct in-house training to fill any gaps and ensure annual compliance with AML, MAR requirements along with Bribery & Corruption, Whistleblowing, Inducements and other training needs specific to internal policies.
- Oversee & manage scope & contract management for external compliance, credit & operation audits
- Work with all levels of Management to drive through a strong regulatory culture.
- Along with the Chief Operating Officer, oversee revision, preparation & dissemination of new & updated compliance standards & procedures
- Work with senior management to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls across all facets of the business.
- Along with the Chief Operating Officer, recommend, develop, & implement changes to existing & proposed procedures, policies & programs
- Very strong relationship skills with experience of performing or managing a wide variety of compliance work.
- A thorough understanding of the work conducted by the compliance function within a Financial environment
- Good management skills and the ability to prioritise work according to regulatory risk
- Good problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Good understanding of FCA rules and handbook and the technical nature of the business.
- Financial services compliance experience.
- Satisfies the FCA criteria for an approved person both initially & ongoing, qualifications will be needed if not already qualified.
- Detailed regulatory knowledge in particular of the UK regulatory requirements and an overall understanding of the business impact in a regulatory environment
Academic &/ Professional qualifications;
- 2 - 3+ years' experience in financial institution in a Compliance Associate position.