West End, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client, a rapidly expanding Fintech based in the West End of London are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager. Ideal candidates will come from a Consumer Credit or Credit Cards background.
Main responsibilities of the Compliance Manager will include;
- Develop a good understanding of the business, teams, roles, and culture of the business.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and good industry practice.
- Conduct thematic reviews, gap analysis and audits of various compliance focus areas, including financial promotions, vulnerable customers, treating customers fairly, responsible lending and other key areas relating to the industry.
- Positively present key findings and recommendations for improvement to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business departments to promote a positive compliance culture.
- Collaborate in ad hoc compliance projects, work closely with business stakeholders including product to ensure successful launch of product features in line with roadmap.
- Review and approval of multi-channel promotional materials.
- Assist in completing an annual review of the Compliance Monitoring framework.
- Assist in delivering against agreed objectives in line with the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Identify, report, and monitor risk indicators to support the development of a risk-based monitoring approach.
- Maintain positive stakeholder relationships across the business to enable identified risks and issues to be communicated effectively and in a timely manner.
- Creating and managing appropriate policies and staff training.
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as directed.
- Preparation and submission of FCA reporting.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- At least 3 years' experience in compliance, with an FCA regulated firm.
- Degree in law, finance, business administration or related field.
- Experience working within the consumer credit regulation framework and consumer credit related sourcebooks (e.g., CONC, DISP etc) and wider regulatory requirements (e.g., SMCR).
- Sound knowledge of Data Protection and other related regulatory rules.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) and comfortable providing effective challenges whilst building strong, collaborative relationships.
- Must be able to manage the ongoing interactions with relevant regulatory bodies including but not limited to the FCA.
- Ability to recognise regulatory risks related to business decisions.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory rules and guidance.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Self-motivated, persistent, diligent, and enthusiastic.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.