City of London, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 year ago
City based International Bank, are looking to recruit a Compliance Officer for a temp-perm position. You'll be reporting into the Compliance Associate Director and will be mainly responsible for application of Anti Money Laundering Procedures & Controls, maintenance of Policies & Procedures for AML and regulatory compliance and monitoring of compliance with policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities of the Compliance Officer will also include;
- Assist in maintaining and promoting a compliance culture appropriate to meeting regulatory requirements and in line with industry best practice.
- Assist in maintaining and reviewing the internal Compliance Manual and associated staff guidance.
- Assist in maintaining and reviewing the internal AML Handbook and associated staff guidance
- Keep abreast of developments in relevant laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Provide advice to staff on compliance issues which arise on a day to day basis.
- Assist in carrying out compliance monitoring programme and report results of testing and details of any other significant compliance issues which emerge.
- Assist in maintaining logs of breaches and complaints and investigate them as required, reporting to the FCA and liaising with the Financial Service Ombudsman.
- Assist in the completion and submission of regulatory returns in accordance with the specified timescales for so doing.
- Check Compliance with the Bank's AML due diligence procedures for account opening and periodic reviews.
- Perform effective monitoring of transactions to highlight those requiring investigation and escalation in accordance with the Bank's procedure.
- With the MLRO/Nominated officer, receive and investigate fully reports from staff concerning money laundering suspicions and actual or attempted fraud.
- With the MLRO/Nominated Officer, prepare disclosure reports to NCA, as and when required.
- Assist with responses to requests for documentation and other requirements contained in court orders.
- Assist with the completion of periodic compliance checks.
- To ensure that changes to Terms and Conditions, Standard Tariff and interest rates paid to depositors are monitored and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Conduct of Business regulations, rules and guidance and that appropriate checklists are fully completed and retained.
- Any other duty assigned by the line manager from time to time.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Minimum education level - First Degree or FS Industry Professional Qualifications.
- Possibly studying for a recognised banking or compliance qualification.
- Experience gained in a financial services/banking environment.
- Technical ability and knowledge of relevant legislation and the FCA regulatory environment.
- Experience of the application of AML regulations to customer on-boarding, periodic reviews and across different banking products.
- Report writing skills.